The safe way to practice your “wave shaped opening feature” skills
The Emerson "wave shaped opening feature" is a fast, effective, and impressive way to open your knife.
The patented Emerson "wave shaped feature," a small wave-shaped tab on the top of the blade that's built to catch on your pocket seam, opens the knife as you withdraw it from your pocket. This instant-open feature is a favorite among military, rescue, and law enforcement knife users.
But it does take a little practice.
Enter the Kershaw-Emerson E-Train, our “Emerson trainer” knife. The blade is unsharpened so you can safely practice using the “wave shaped opening feature” without endangering either your pocket or your fingers.
The E-Train’s G10 front scale is in “safe-training blue” for easy identification. There's a left/right reversible pocketclip so you can easily carry it with you to train whenever you have a spare moment.
A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Designed by Emerson, built by Kershaw
- Unsharpened trainer model
- Thumb disk; "waved shaped opening feature"
- Manual opening
- Reversible pocketclip, (left/right)
- Steel: 3Cr13, stonewashed finish
- Handle: G10 front, 410 stainless steel bead-blasted back
- Blade Length: 3.2 in. (8.1 cm), unsharpened
- Closed Length: 4.5 in. (11.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.7 in. (19.6 cm)
- Weight: 5.1 oz. (146 g)