Natrix - Copper M
The copper Natrix now comes in small, medium, and large. With its 3.25-inch drop-point blade, this medium-sized Natrix makes a perfect EDC and offers solid performance. The blade is D2 blade steel, a high-carbon tool steel that’s highly wear resistant, tough, and offers excellent edge retention. The denser-that-steel copper handle gives the knife has some heft—but it still comes in under five ounces. Over time, the copper will take on a patina, making each copper Natrix unique. Kershaw’s KVT ball-bearing opening makes it easy to open the knife one-handed. A decorative pivot and backspacer add embellishment.
• A mid-sized copper Natrix, perfect for EDC
• D2 high-carbon tool steel blade is highly wear resistant, tough, offers excellent edge retention; stonewashed finish helps hide use scratches
• Genuine copper handles will patina over time for a unique finish
• Opens easily with KVT ball-bearing system and a flipper
• Custom-designed deep-carry pocketclip echoes the lines of handle recess and can be mounted left or right
May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
One side of a lightweight handle, or frame, is fitted with a steel plate integral to the frame; it is the part of the frame that moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. Sub-Frame Lock knives can be larger and lighter knife yet with an extremely secure lock.
Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
A Kershaw Originals design
- Opening: KVT ball-bearing opening with flipper
- Lock: Sub-Frame Lock
- Pocketclip: Reversible deep-carry (right/left, tip-up)
- Features: Decorative pivot
- Steel: D2, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Copper, stonewashed finish
- Blade 3.25 in. (8.3 cm)
- Closed: 4.3 in. (11.2 cm)
- Overall: 7.5 in. (19.1 cm)
- Weight: 4.9 oz. (141 g)